TangoBreath, a Vinyasa Flow of Argentine Tango Movement.
TangoBreath is Argentine Tango movement with intention.
TangoBreath is a practice for dancers of all levels.
Practicing TangoBreath on a regular basis provides:
1. Body awareness and precision muscle memory that is specific to tango movement, including posture and joint alignment, the use of core muscle groups, and awareness of axis, origin of movement, and the body’s center of gravity.
2. Strength and balance, through emphasis on deliberate movement, full weight transfer, and proper use of the pelvic floor and core muscles.
3. Flexibility and ease of movement. We strive to “un”contort our bodies and find natural and graceful movement.
4. Camaraderie and community. It is difficult to find time and motivation to practice repetitious, and often frustrating, exercises on one’s own. TangoBreath is a way to bring folks together to work on technique in an intentional group environment and gives everyone the opportunity to receive feedback and consistent verbal guidance. Our classes draw dancers of all levels from around Asheville and far beyond.
5. A measure for improvement. By practicing variations of similar movements on a regular basis, we can gauge our individual progress in a more consistent way and gain a feeling of accomplishment.
See our Article “What is TangoBreath” to read more about TangoBreath and TangoLab.