Foundation tango classes in Asheville
Argentine tango classes in Asheville. For Beginners or anyone wishing to revisit their tango roots.
A 5-week series of tango classes in Asheville, plus a social dance on the 6th week!
This is a 1 hour of class followed by 1 hour of practice.
No partner necessary!
Starting Monday April 16th, at 7:15.
At the West Asheville Vineyard.
717 W. Haywood, in West Asheville, NC.
A new 5-week foundation series for beginners or anyone wishing to work on their basic skills. Starting on April 16th.
Each 5 week series culminates in a social dance (milonga) on the 6th week,
enabling everyone to try out their new dance skills in the setting of a social dance party.
A free class on etiquette and floor craft will precede the milonga.
This is the foundation of Argentine tango movement– individual posture, movement, breath, core strength, and energy. Combined with a sensitive embrace and a partner, each responsible for their own movement, dancers create a flow of movement within the amazingly complex music of Argentine tango.
This series of classes will focus on what we believe are the most important aspects of dancing Argentine tango. It is for beginners or anyone that wishes to return to an exploration of their tango foundation. We teach what we dance– traditional close embrace Argentine tango, with a dynamic, yet subtle and sensitive, connection.
- Individual posture and movement and a basic understanding of how that movement works within the dance.
- We emphasize natural, healthy posture and movement, which may also improve the way your body functions in everyday life.
- Visualization of movement with, and in relation, to your partner and the space around you.
- Our relationship with the floor, our partner, everyone around us, and the music which connects us all.
- Subtle communication and sensitivity within the embrace.
- Learning how to visualize and learn your own kinesthesiology in relation to the dance.
- Learning how to question and explore the dance to improve your learning now and in the future.
All classes start with work on posture, breath, embrace, and basic movement while building on the topics from the previous week. Music appreciation and understanding is emphasized throughout the series. All class exercises are done as if attending a social dance so that the feeling of actually dancing is a part of each exercise.
Dance shoes, smooth bottom shoes, ballet slippers are recommended. Socks will do in a pinch.
$10 at the door. Or save $10, and buy the full series for $40.
No partner necessary.
|Five class series||$40|
|Five class series (Student rate)||$30|